View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
paulinanguyen2
Senior Yorkie Talker

yes i do scheduled feeding for both of them...and the good news is..EVERYONE! lotus has been making wonderful improvement. SHE'S BEEN GOING POOP AND PEE OUTSIDE! she's had one accident so far. BUT DOING GOOD. I just get so scared sometimes..when i take her out to potty..and she doestn poop..i'm scared she's gonna poop in the house..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalblue74 View Post
I pretty much have to second everything Vivian said. Go out on a leash, use a second command for poop. I also use the word "outside" when we're going out the door, e.g. "Let's go outside and go potty". If I caught him in the act of an accident, I could say, "no, potty OUTSIDE". Also, be sure to really praise her when she gets it right! Of course, treats immediately after a good potty help a lot too.

Honestly though, I noticed the most improvement when I switched to scheduled feedings--it makes it so much easier to predict when they'll need to poop. Now, Chewie's pretty much regular as clockwork. Of course, scheduled feeding isn't necessarily the best thing for every pup, but in our case, it works out really well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!