View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #14
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I use the regular metal x pen and set it up in a square configuration. Went to walmart and bought a package of the heavy duty foam floor mats that go together like a puzzle.. they are about an inch thick and they come 6 to a package. 4 put together fit perfectly under the xpen. They are in the sporting goods department sold as yoga/exercize mats and VERY cheap. I think they were about 12 dollars. Anyway, since mine is set up on carpet, I use a square vinyl tablecloth under the mats, next put the mats down, then put the xpen on top. Then I poked holes in the edges all the way around it, just outside of the xpen and used tie wraps to go thru the holes and around the bottom edge of the xpen to hold it in place. I use washable potty pads inside, set up his small crate in one corner and his donut bed right next to it.. I use a water bottle on the side of the xpen and it prevents water spills (they learn to use it very quickly. I also use a stainless steel "coop bowl" mounted to the side of the xpen for his food. They can be purchased at most pet supplies and are only 3-4 dollars each. This way there is no food spilled and no water spilled. Add toys and your baby and you are set! I also bought a metal top on Amazon for like 16 dollars and it prevents escape and allows them to see out without feeling like they are cooped up. It also allows you to unclip the front part of the top and fold it towards the back so you can step over into the xpen for easy cleanups. Here are a couple of pictures..

well it is NOT opening the manage attachment links to allow me to upload pictures right now.. so I will go upload them elsewhere and provide the links..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!