View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #10
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcmsw View Post
I will work on trying to get a picture of her this weekend and post. At least some sort of picture from her side where you might be able to see the hair and coloring better. The only pics I have don't show her entire body or are blurry, etc.
I'm hoping she's the type that ends up growing the long beautiful hair...the "ugly duckling" thing - sparse and thin while young and then grows into the beautiful swan (as far as her hair goes). Either way, she's beautiful.
Any red legged Yorkies would have to be at least 4 generations back, so if there was one and one popped up for me that is interesting information for people I'm thinking...confirms how things can pop up unexpectedly.

I'm also wondering how someone could tell whether she's a red legged or just a (extra) slow coat grower??? Her hair is about 2" long on her body, legs & face shorter, all hair is very straight and fine, except for the leg hair which is coarser texture. The skin on her back is still very dark (whereas her brothers have the lighter skin -indicative of saddle going lighter??), her face hasn't lighten as much as her brothers, etc.

Will post a picture soon. Thanks all for responding.
She very well could end up with a silk coat. Some people describe a true silk coat as thin and slow growing. I would love to see pictures of her when you get a chance. She is still young so she has plenty of time to grow coat.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!