Thread: boy clothes
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
BabyGirl Rosie
I ♥ my girls!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatord View Post
Alright this is something I did to try to save some money, it was a little time consuming and I am learning as I go. I am no seamtress. My fault my Mother tried to teach me. Didn't want no part of then, and now she is no longer with us.

I bought some used premie onsies from a second hand store (nice store) I paid about .50 - $1.00 each. I bought some no sew hem stuff from Joann's fabric. I took a shirt that was made for boys and look at it pretty good and then cut the onesie bottom off and cut up around the belly so he would not pee-pee on it and then took the no-sew hem tape and iron an hem. My first few ones are trial and error. Now I see where my problem was and can re-do and my next ones. I also bought a couple of premie sweaters that zipped and a little hoodie that zipped. I put on with the zip on the back side those worked out well. The sweater was too cute. the hoodie I put the zip on the belly side so the hood would be in right spot.
Attachment 337131

If that picture is one you made then you did a good job!!! I think that is adorable!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!