View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #26
misslissa
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydeHaviland View Post
So very sorry to hear this, how awful and sooooo completely avoidable.

I do have Remy groomed but he is never left there and is never out of my sight. It was a requirement when I interviewed groomers and this firm was the only one that agreed to my conditions. When he has an appointment, we show up, I hold him until they are ready (no crating) and as he is groomed I stand there and chat with the groomer. They only do one dog at a time, so I get to see exactly what is being done. She is really quite nice and I've enjoyed getting to know her. She also has given me some good tips to use at home. And, when she is not sure how short I may want something she can just ask and the cut is done as per my specifications. It may take awhile to find the proper vendor, but it is worth it to find someone agreeable to your conditions and who does good work.
This is pretty much what I do except I stay out of sight Gatsby when he is being cut Because he wants me to hold him if he can see me However I stand right there when he is bathed and dried by hand and the groomer will sit on her knees on the floor to groom him because she will not use a groomer lead. I actually feel comfortable enough to leave him there if i need to. My groomer also does boarding and rescue, so i know that she is very careful with all animals and loves everything That walks through her door.

And as an added bonus once a year she has sheltie puppies and I get to play with them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!