View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
Woogie Man
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomo View Post
Horrific beyond comprehension...I don't even understand why mushing is an Olympic sport.
I don't think mushing is an Olympic sport. This company was trying to capitalize on the increased tourism the Olympics brought. It was after the Olympics were over and the tourists had dropped off that they decided to kill the dogs.

What's so incredibly weird about this is that it never would have been brought to light if the employee that did the shooting had not filed for compensation....claiming post traumatic stress disorder for having to shoot the dogs. Now, this wasn't some wartime atrocity...it was done as part of doing business. The employee would have suffered no consequence if he refused to do this other than loss of a paycheck. Stranger still...he was awarded compensation based on his claim.

It's just sick what some will do for a paycheck...and then to be validated by a government agency (by awarding compensation) blows my mind. Why, oh why, didn't the guy just refuse to kill them and leave the job? And what nutjob bureaucrat could seriously entertain such a claim after the fact?

The BC SPCA is planning to dig up the dogs to determine if criminal charges will be filed. Apparently it is legal to shoot an animal if it dies instantly and that will be the determining factor. While there may be some rationale for this, I don't think it was ever intended to allow for mass slaughter out of convenience.

Sometimes I feel like I woke up in bizarro world.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!