View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #13
lil fu fu girl
No Longer a Member

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
I lost my first yorkie at the groomers. It was a long time before I could even use a groomer again. I don't even know for sure what happened. We suspected either they put her outside (very hot in FL & Maggie could not tolerate heat) or they used a grooming noose on her and I had warned them of both things when I left explaining she had a partially collapsed trachea. The vet had told us she should be able to live a normal life span. But the groomer called me saying she was having trouble breathing. I raced down there but she was gone before I got to her. That was heartbreaking for our whole family. So much faith has to be placed on a groomer. It is a huge responsibility and those that do it well deserve a lot of respect.
I am so sorry that this happened to you, your family, and especially your precious little pup. I cannot even began to imagine what you went through.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=eddiesmom14;3416125]A groomer cut Eddie's neck open all the way from his ear to his shoulder. He had to be put under anesthesia and sewed up. It was horrible even though he acted like nothing happened. I finally found DVD's on Ebay that show you step by step how to groom your Yorkie from shaving their little bung hole to doing all different cuts and everything in between. I ordered good clippers and all the things I need and now my husband and I will be doing it ourselves.

here's what Eddie looked like after surgery. You don't want to know what it was like before. I hope I'm doing this right
[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"]This is something that I have always feared, and why I never take my pups to the groomers and learned how to do it myself.I hope that he is ok now.[/COLOR]

Last edited by lil fu fu girl; 02-03-2011 at 07:38 PM.
lil fu fu girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!