Thread: Kurli Kids
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurliLadi View Post
Now I see there are many opinions on this forum.. loving it!
But opinions are good so here are some of mine:
A reputable breeder is one who decides to to breed wisely, meaning they are not willing to compromise any aspect of the breeds they choose to mate. They do any testing to make sure the puppies wont pass any unhealthy traits and such. Now it is true that by crossing breeds sometimes the F1 generation will take traits from either breed where as F2 generations are more standardized (size, genetic traits) Now I have researched and researched but I want a dog and am willing to compromise mostly my own comfort to be a good puppy parent. Now my children are excited that I want a dog and as i child i was told no to my mother simply because she loved cats and now as an adult I can choose to do what I want. So to anyone who doesn't like whatever mutt I may get too bad because the best part is.. It's My decision. But thank you for all the words of wisdom and advice, it was much appreciated.
There is some documentation in the YT library on what defines a reputable breeder, cross breeding is one thing a reputable breeder does not do.

Testing only tells you that the dogs that are being bred do not have unhealthy traits. There is no genetic marker that guarantees that they are not carriers of said traits.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!