Thread: Kurli Kids
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #10
miabellaamoure
♥YORKIERESCUE.com♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurliLadi View Post
Now I see there are many opinions on this forum.. loving it!
But opinions are good so here are some of mine:
A reputable breeder is one who decides to to breed wisely, meaning they are not willing to compromise any aspect of the breeds they choose to mate. They do any testing to make sure the puppies wont pass any unhealthy traits and such. Now it is true that by crossing breeds sometimes the F1 generation will take traits from either breed where as F2 generations are more standardized (size, genetic traits) Now I have researched and researched but I want a dog and am willing to compromise mostly my own comfort to be a good puppy parent. Now my children are excited that I want a dog and as i child i was told no to my mother simply because she loved cats and now as an adult I can choose to do what I want. So to anyone who doesn't like whatever mutt I may get too bad because the best part is.. It's My decision. But thank you for all the words of wisdom and advice, it was much appreciated.
Here's another opinion...if you would like a mixed breed dog with a "curly" coat then, might I suggest you investigate someplace like Pet adoption: Want a dog or cat? Adopt a pet on Petfinder where you will have many to choose from who need good homes?

I'm not going to fault you for your desire of a "curly" coat but, most "reputable" Yorkshire Terrier Breeders will not ignore the breed standard to create a specific coat by mixing two entirely different breeds.

Instead of being insulted by the opinions shared here (except for maybe one...) please bear in mind that we here at YT take great pride in the breed, just as it is...that's all.

Good luck in your search!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!