View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Deuce
No Longer a Member

Yeah, the dr said the Cardiologist would most likely put the holter monitor on me, and that for now I just need to take the HBP meds and try to take it easy. I have to nix the caffeine for now, and since I barely drink, it's no problem to not have alcohol.
It was just concerning to know that there is a possibility that I could be stuck with these for the rest of my life, coming and going for no rhyme or reason. Just trying to figure out any possibilities that could be causing them that I can mention to the cardiologist for when I see him.
I am really lucky that they took me seriously, normally when I go see a mil doctor they just sort of brush me off and give me a prescription for Motrin. So it surprised me all the tests they did, chest x-ray, ECG/EKG (not sure which) and they took a ton of blood. Most of the blood work they did came back already and it was all normal, but I'm still waiting on a couple more tests they are doing. A friend of mines wife is going through the same thing, only the cardiologist she is seeing prescribed her Nexium and told her she was too young for heart problems. She's trying to find another doctor now, esp. after hearing about my experience today.
Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!