Thread: Diet Soda
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #51
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

I know drinking water can be horrible for some, but it really is one of the best things you can do for your body. Your body doesn't have to process it (like soda) so it can reap it's benefits without having to work for it.

Also, dehydration can make one feel like total crap. Many times DH comes home from work and says, I don't know, I just don't feel well, Not sick, but weak and listless. As soon as he drinks some water he begins to feel better. I tend to drink more water when I start feeling unwell, or not 100%.

And I wouldn't try stopping soda cold turkey, too shocking to the body and the mind. But I just started at home, I'd make a glass of icewater, and when I got thirsty, I would take a drink of the water first. If I felt like I really needed the soda, I would then drink that too. Then work up to just having your soda at meal times. It was easier for me if it wasn't an 'either/or' situation...

And as you know soda is bad for you, every time you drink it you think, this is not good for me. When you drink water, you get to think, Yuk, but I am doing something good for my body and health. So it turns into a warm, fuzzy feel good moment!

( My apologies for my last post.... I didn't intend to sound 'mean'... just giving a friend a 'wake-up call'...)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!