View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 07:40 AM   #9
bellababy08
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocosmommie View Post
I adopted CoCo a 8 month old yorkie/Maltese mix. She looks just like a yorkie
She weighs 7 lbs. The woman I got her from had her trained on potty pads. She wasn't even reliable on them, as she told me. I have had her for 6 weeks. I bought the bells to hang on the door and have been using them every time without fail. I say "need to potty" encourage her to ring them and out we go. She will go without incident as long as I am dragging her out every couple of hours. When I have her tethered to me , with leash, she will not signal. She doesn't circle and sniff, bark nothing she will just squat and pee in front of me. Same with off leash under supervision. She will just squat and go in front of me. I assumed after 6 weeks she would at least go to the door and stand. She keeps her crate clean and is crated while I'm gone and at night. I'm a stay at home mom so she is rarely crated. She doesn't pee int he same area. I clean with a strong vinegar water through to the pad. It's always a differnt place, just wherever she is. I have been diligent with her. Praise and treats for going outside. What else can I do..... I'm going crazy and really frustrated. She is not catching on at all. She only drinks about 7 to 8 ozs of water a day. I don't ration it, thats just her norm. She pees 3 or 4 times a day. I really think the pee pads messed up her training with the previous owner. Any ideas anyone?
Dogs are like people in a way, some learn quicker than others...I'm sure she will pick it up sooner or later if you continue to be diligent. and I'm sorry you disagree with me on picking them up by the scruff of the neck...but IMO that just teaches your dog to be fearful of you...Good luck!

And your thread said you needed help with potty training sorry I misunderstood.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!