Thread: Hunger.
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
Rachael x
Poppy's Mamma ♥
Donating Member

Default Hunger.

Have you ever been so hungry that you have passed out?
I ask because I used to have 'black outs' frequently when I was younger and this was put down to skipping breakfast. It would always happen the same way, I would have a head ache, then my eyes would go all blurry so I couldn't see, then I would black out and feel very sick afterwards.
Since then I always make sure I have breakfast.

But today my alarm didn't go off for work and I woke at 8.30am (I start work at 9.00am) so I had to quickly rush about getting a shower and getting ready for work. I didn't even have time to make Poppy's breakfast or let her out so my mum had to do it.
I work 9-5 and half way through my shift I started to feel really sick and had a headache, I remembered I hadn't eaten breakfast this morning so went to have my lunch. While waiting for my sandwich to cook my eyes went all blurry and I couldn't see, I felt really dizzy like I was about to pass out. I quickly took my sandwich and ate my lunch outside to get some fresh air. My eyes quickly returned to normal but now I feel like im going to throw up. I only have around 2 hours of my shift left so I don't want to ask to go home, but I feel like crap. And I have left my purse at home so I can't even get anything else from the canteen.

It makes me wonder how some poor people who cannot afford to eat every day feel. Does everyone's body react this way when hungry? It must be terrible for them.

Have you had a similar experience when hungry? and is it normal for your body to react this way? I don't know anyone else who has had this sort of experience when only being hungry for a few hours. I will be making sure my alarm goes off tomorrow morning so I get a chance to eat breakfast!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!