View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #10
jinhopark
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MING View Post
What kind of vet expenses have you had in the 10 week period that you've owned her?
Great question, and I must mention she was taken to the vet not because she was ill, but to hopefully maintain a lifetime of good health. We take her to the local VCA Hospital, I've read reviews it isn't exactly the most economical place to go to...but it's a convenient location for us and their hours fit our schedule.

We took her to a vet to have her initial exam, fecal, deworming, and a series of shots at the end of November...The shots were listed as Leptospirosis - 3 weeks, Bordetella - 4 weeks. Then she was started on Sentinel.

Next visit at the end of December. Another exam and more shots...1 year rabies, plus 1 year county tag, DA2P-Pv - 1 year, Leptospirosis - 1 year, Bordetella - 1 year, another dose of Sentinel.

Last visit at the end of January. Microchip implant, checkup/bloodtest prior to being spayed in a few months (done to check for possible issues with anesthesia, which I am told can be an issue with toy dog breeds? She was cleared to have procedure), and another dose of Sentinel.

Hopefully this answers your question? No one said owning a puppy would be cheap...and these are vet visits for a healthy animal. I never really shopped around for vets before, but I was planning on switching to another vet that was a little further out and that had awesome reviews and was significantly cheaper than what the VCA charges.
jinhopark is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!