View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #43
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verodoll View Post
Ok wow I have been using a LOT. My poor baby! So does she probably have build up? Should I do the soap thing first?

I also have a question. Layla is 4.5 months old. I ran into a yorkie puppy who was five months old and her hair was so long! They all grow hair at different rates, right? Layla's hair will grow long eventually...right? (I honestly think I know the answers to all these questions but I need reassurance ) because I can not wait until her hair is long and flowy I wonder if the fact that I haven't been bathing her right has to do with her hair not growing a lot?

Oh, yes, P.S I sent an email asking for free samples of the fluffy puppy and the silk rinse!
I just read your thread and saw this post she is just 4.5 months old! That is your problem. Most silky coated yorkies go through a problem stage with their hair. It looks greasy, stringy when just a day or so from shampoo and it can look pretty crazy, sticking out in all directions. Even putting in a top knot becomes impossible. Luckily, this is their "crazy teenage" time and they DO outgrow it! You will be happy to know it really is a portent of a beautiful coat. I too recommend FLuffy Puppy shampoo and conditioner. It is a nice choice for puppies, the no tear formula is easy on them if they are wigglers and prone to getting suds where you don't want them.

Also don't worry too much about the slow hair growth. They are all different in this regard. If you are lucky, she will continue with slow growth and you can get an extra week or two between groomings when she is an adult. See it is all good.....just have to wait until these things that seem like bad traits show you they are blessings in disguise. She's a cutie!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!