View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #8
hpfanatic
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinhopark View Post
I'll try and list out a few typical yorkie "Issues" I have read in the past and have confirmed with my experience with yorkies...mind you my sample size of yorkies is small, and obviously variabilty is quite large puppy to puppy/dog to dog. Also, "issues" for some owners, may very well be "strengths" or non-issues for other owners.
1. Most yorkies do not know their size, and may unknowingly put themselves in harms way...ie confront a much larger dog.
2. Most yorkies should be groomed/brushed quite frequently to keep their hair from matting.
3. Yorkies are notorious for having bad teeth, and should probably have their teeth brushed daily.
4. They are extremely attached to their human owners, and may be considered high maintenance in the sense that they will often follow owners from room to room and will ask/demand to be held/rubbed/snuggled...this also means they may have some seperation anxiety issues if you are gone constantly for long spurts of time.
5. Toy dogs for the most part are fragile, and due to the fact yorkies like to keep in close contact with you...they probably would not hold up well to being accidently stepped on/tripped on.
6. Yorkies can also be hard to housetrain...I think it's due to how small they are, they must have a tiny bladder and it probably doesn't take much to fill it up and for them to have the constant urge to want to go.
7. Much like human kids, they can also be quite stubbon and difficult to train. Yorkies all look like angels, and so it's hard to discipline them and it's so easy to let them get away with stuff...and the minute you decide you want to scold them they will ignore you or refuse to eat and get really finicky...and then the guilt comes, LOL!
I hope I answered your question, or possibly confused you? I'm sure there are many who will read what I listed above and may have the total opposite experience. Having said all that, my family and I are completely infatuated with the yorkie breed...
You answered my question perfectly! Thank you!
hpfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!