View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #15
QTQuinn
Yorkie Yakker

So a physical exam, urinalysis, blood test, and +$200 later, I found out that my cat is perfectly healthy (which is what I predicted.) Since I haven't changed litter, litter boxes (although I added another one upstairs), and she's still using the box with no problem, the vet thinks she's definitely doing it because of the changes the dog has brought on. We are making sure to discipline Quinn everytime she tries to chase the cats and I'm getting my mom's kitty playground in hopes that will help. I need to ask about the Feliway--my concern is that it will affect my other cat who is displaying no behavioral problems. Not sure if that is the case or not. My vet also said it might be a good idea to get my cat on antidepressant medication. Has anyone ever used this?

Also, I do have a basement where the cats can escape, but my other cat has pretty much made it her territory. For some reason (I think it's b/c she likes to be near me) the other cat rarely ventures there unless it's to use the litter box. Both of their boxes are in a quiet, dark place. It's just so frustrating b/c you can't have a conversation with your cat about why they're doing this! And I know she's not doing it out of spite!

Plus last night in bed, Quinn jumped over me to snuggle up against my cat and she leaned her head back and let Quinn lick all over her. I know she likes her sometimes...I just think she doesn't know how to deal with change well. She's always been a more timid, needy cat.
QTQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!