View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 05:19 AM   #7
flyorkies
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnalegria
Shame, Shame- go back and look at some of the great yorkies that are in the background of our breed. You will find that there are a lot who would have the "silver as some of you are calling it" . The debate in yorkies has always beed the hue.

Some will call a steel blue "black" Some will call a steel blue" a white color"
There will always be a debate. Many of you will be suprised at the dogs in your background that have a lighter blue. As Gordon Bennet state in their book" defining color is based on the eyes of the beholder" Very true words.
We used to say gun barrel blue- still left it up to us to make the determination.

Those that have - Northshire, Choby- Lordean in your backgrounds have a lighter blue some Wildweir was lighter. Mayfair, Gaitmoor, Chelsea Nimar, and Judabobs are some of the old that were darker.

I challenge all of you to do your research and learn what is behind your dogs background. You will be suprised at what you find.
Hi Wnalegria,
how are you feeling these days? Hope you have been feeling better. I would like to take your challange but where do i start. You have spoken with me before im sure you remeber. I would like to research my dogs just to learn more but where do you even start. I do have their pedigrees. do we start there? My female is in between that silver and dark steal blue. shes not totally silver but shes not that dark steal blue. My male is or looks black I would say his color is way closer to the standard.Any way i really want to take on this challange.Ive had trouble finding anything out about my pups besides what their pedigree said.
flyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!