View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 PM   #1
d4nimal
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I really need help or I might Hulk out on Yoshi

I posted somethin similar a little while ago, but I wanted to put it here in more detail and more focused. Most of the time, Yoshi is ridiculously friendly and loving and wanting to follow everyone around everywhere and play. A few weeks ago Yoshi started biting. He will bite and he will bite hard and growl and snarl. He drew blood on both my hands the other day. He does this when he really doesn't want something to happen. For instance, if he finds something outside when i take him out to potty and i have to take it out of his mouth, before I could just go in his mouth and take it and say "drop it!" but now he will go into psycho aggression mode and REALLY bite me. hard. also if I am trying to clip his nails, he will flip out and bite. even just coming in from outside, if you try to wipe his feet with a towel he will go crazy and start biting at everything hard.

what i have been doing so far is not ever allowing him to put his teeth on my hands and saying "no bite!" everytime. when he gets harder with it i flip him and pin him onto his back and get right up in his face and into his eyes say "no bite!" and then stare him down or i might put him in his crate for 5 minutes. he will quickly go into submissive mode then. that is all well and good except that he is not learning at all and 5 minutes later he would do it again. when he stayed at my friends places (2 different houses) he bit both of them once or twice and almost drew blood when they were doing standard things w/ him. normally he is extreeeemely friendly and very good with everyone, mostly just chewing on fingers and that usual teething stuff when he gets excited. he loves all people and all dogs, even strangers.

i will not tolerate a biter, and it would break my heart if he was permanantly like this. i would believe you if you're experienced and you can tell me he will grow out of this, but if there is something i need to be doing that i am not, please don't tell me that he might just grow out of it if i dont do anything. all my friends have noticed that he bites so much more than when i got him at 8 weeks.

i am continuing to do the pinning and no bite formula, but he is now 3.5 months old and every day seems worse than the last in terms of his jaw strength combined with his increased willingness to really clamp down on hands when he doesn't like something. it is driving me crazy and i have to crate him sometimes for a little bit when he does this just to stop myself from screaming at him. i'm tryin my best. all your help is appreciated.

again, the chewing i can deal with and i know this is common. the actual biting is absolutely not ok, and this is what i need help with.

i thank you for all your help and i also congratulate you on reading what must be the world's longest post.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!