Thread: Little Nags
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
valerieam
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
Pixie is the queen of nag. She only nags for food. She got in to a bad habit of waking me up every night at 2:00 am for breakfast. I have tried before to stop it, by ignoring her but she outlasted me. She would carry on, barking, kicking her feet and carrying on until I just gave in and got up and feed them. Last week I decided I am in control here and started switching their feeding schedule so that they eat around 11:30 -12 midnight. The first few days were rough but for 4 nights now she sleeps through until 7-8 am. She still is having little fits when her old feeding times rolls around during the day and evening but I have not given in. It is so nice to sleep through the night again.
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. Pippin will get off the bed and stand far enough away that I can't reach him. He will whine until I get up and get him some food. I feed him some oatmeal before I go to bed, but since he's been on prednisone he demands to be fed every 3-4 hours. About the time I get back into a good sleep its time to get up for work.
valerieam is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!