View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:43 AM   #12
Lizzie07
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Well I'd like to say I haven't had that problem, but I've had, although I think it has more to do with a male tom coming up to the window and peeing there.
How-ever a couple things, make sure the litter box is up and out of reach of the dogs, ditto food and water. Also keep litter box clean; my Maine Coone if litter box is dirty will go up onto MY side of the bed and either pee or poo. I also have a big tower that Karma can climb and get out of the brat Razz's way. I also leave his crate open, because he likes to go in there, and doesn't like it when Razz goes into his crate. He will also go into all the other dog crates and beds in this house. Not sure why, but he was here first before the dogs came.
Comforters, you got to liberally soak them in a enzymatic cleaner, and wash wash wash, but then again, after the "3" accident I went out and bought a new comforter. Then I got a blue tarp sheet, and after getting up I've learned to place over bed.

So now if an "accident" happens it goes onto plastic. It's frustrating I know, because sometimes Karma will go on that plastic for no good reason I can discern.

The only thing I could add the above is consider the litter itself. Have you changed the brand or type in the last few months? Or the litter box? I had one large cat that REFUSED to use a box with a lid. I've also had trouble when I've tried pelleted litter or very course litter. I'm currently using the World's Best litter and my cats are fine with that, but the downside is the dogs think it is snack food, the litter alone, even without any kitty crunchies in it any chance they get.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!