View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #7
lil fu fu girl
No Longer a Member

99% of everything I make is scratch for both my skin kid and my fur kids. I do leave kibble out for Bra'Tac as sometimes he also prefers that with his raw.

I always have fresh vegee's like Edamame, snow peas, kale, carrots, and broccoli on hand. I also have a variety of grains,such as Oatmeal, white, black, and red rice, Quinoa, Amaranth, Barley, and whole wheat kernels in the pantry.

I shop for all my meats by the month, because I buy them at Whole Foods. I only try to buy the organic free-range chicken, do to the sickly state of our chicken farms, and the inhumane treatment that most of them receive.
I also only buy cattle that is only grass fed, because corn is not a food substance that is digestible by cattle, needless to say it causes them major issues. Hence, all the antibiotics that normal "corn-fed"cattle are injected with. Eggs and milk hold the same issues, so I stock up when I go.
It does take time to do this, because when you come home you have to prep all the meats and vegges for either the freeze or fridge. But.....once you get the process down, it becomes second nature. We do not eat meat like most Americans as the main entree, to us, it is a side dish. So buying a better quality meat lasts us for quite awhile.

When the pups need food, I pull the meat out of the freezer to thaw. Then just dice it up and then mix it with cooked Oatmeal or Quinoa or one of the other choices, and then add a mix of vegee's, their vitamin mineral supplements, their salmon oil or coconut oil, and their probiotic enzyme powder. This part usually only takes about 8-12 minutes. Not to long.

Since I started this routine, Andromeda has gone off her allergy meds. She might get a pill every month, if that now. The Oatmeal has been a huge success with her IBD. So I usually try to make her grain Oatmeal because of its fiber content, calcium content, and its ability to absorb fluid and maintain stool shape. It is really nutritious dense.

As for the skin kid....BK is a fav of his which I cannot seem to break. What are ya going to do, he is a teenager?!
lil fu fu girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!