View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTQuinn View Post
I got my yorkie Quinn the week of Thanksgiving. I also have 2 manx cats that I got 8 years ago in college. Long story short, this week one of my cats has peed all over my bed (including brand new comforter) 3 times! She has randomly peed in closets before (every time I move she has to "mark" the closet) but nothing like this! I think it must be because she's stressed about Quinn. Quinn sometimes chases them around, but she is also sweet to them and licks them--she has never hurt either one. Also, this cat and Quinn both snuggle right next to me and each other every night. But I think that now Quinn is taking away attention that used to be mostly hers (my other cat is very independent), she is unhappy and is making mommy pay for it! I am just at a loss over what to do. I try keeping her out of my room, but I don't think it's fair to not have her sleep with me--it's our snuggle time. I think she would just find somewhere else to pee and be even more mad b/c she wouldn't be getting that time in with me. However, some mornings she'll go under my bed and I can't reach her to get her out of there so I can't lock her out. Has anyone had this type of problem?

P.S. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow morning just to make sure she doesn't have a UTI.
Well I'd like to say I haven't had that problem, but I've had, although I think it has more to do with a male tom coming up to the window and peeing there.
How-ever a couple things, make sure the litter box is up and out of reach of the dogs, ditto food and water. Also keep litter box clean; my Maine Coone if litter box is dirty will go up onto MY side of the bed and either pee or poo. I also have a big tower that Karma can climb and get out of the brat Razz's way. I also leave his crate open, because he likes to go in there, and doesn't like it when Razz goes into his crate. He will also go into all the other dog crates and beds in this house. Not sure why, but he was here first before the dogs came.
Comforters, you got to liberally soak them in a enzymatic cleaner, and wash wash wash, but then again, after the "3" accident I went out and bought a new comforter. Then I got a blue tarp sheet, and after getting up I've learned to place over bed.

So now if an "accident" happens it goes onto plastic. It's frustrating I know, because sometimes Karma will go on that plastic for no good reason I can discern.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!