View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
QTQuinn
Yorkie Yakker

Default Cat + Yorkie = One stressed out mommy

I got my yorkie Quinn the week of Thanksgiving. I also have 2 manx cats that I got 8 years ago in college. Long story short, this week one of my cats has peed all over my bed (including brand new comforter) 3 times! She has randomly peed in closets before (every time I move she has to "mark" the closet) but nothing like this! I think it must be because she's stressed about Quinn. Quinn sometimes chases them around, but she is also sweet to them and licks them--she has never hurt either one. Also, this cat and Quinn both snuggle right next to me and each other every night. But I think that now Quinn is taking away attention that used to be mostly hers (my other cat is very independent), she is unhappy and is making mommy pay for it! I am just at a loss over what to do. I try keeping her out of my room, but I don't think it's fair to not have her sleep with me--it's our snuggle time. I think she would just find somewhere else to pee and be even more mad b/c she wouldn't be getting that time in with me. However, some mornings she'll go under my bed and I can't reach her to get her out of there so I can't lock her out. Has anyone had this type of problem?

P.S. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow morning just to make sure she doesn't have a UTI.
QTQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!