View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 AM   #15
babbsiam44
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
I know this is not about the same products, but I almost lost my Angel Baby in November when she had her normal yearly shots.

She went in for her normal yearly, and got her booster, the one with the distemper etc, Well, she was almost dead in the morning!! I got up and she was just limp as a rag. It frightened the heck out of me! Had I slept in for another half hour she would surely be dead right now. I got some sugar in her and she started to respond, but she was not well for another 3 days afterward. I did not let them give her the rabies shot, thank goodness, that probably would have done her in for sure. She had not felt well the night before, not wanting to eat and a runny poop. I did get her to drink a little but honestly, (hindsight) I should have gotten her some Karo before bed.

I did mention to the vet when I took my other pup in for her dental. She seemed to not understand why this would have happened. You know you would think they would think before giving a little 2# the dose they give a 10# dog!! I just don't know if I am going to get that shot anymore. I will never do a rabies, it makes no sence for a dog that never leaves my side. What do you think, any suggestions?
I have always wondered about that!!! If she is never around wild animals or any other animals, then why would you get the rabies? But you never know what another animal might have that she could contract.
babbsiam44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!