View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Carol607
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Do dogs have a sixth sense about each other?? Do they communicate?

My yorkie, Jamie, is very friendly with almost all dogs big and little. She goes to the park and plays with several dogs every day and then they go on their walk as a pack. It is really cute because when a member of the pack comes in to the field where they play, they stop everything to greet the dog and the owner. But I digress. There is one dog who walks by our house on a daily basis. Jamie freaks out when she sees this dog, we call "Big Red". Jamie pounds against the glass and barks hysterically. When other dogs walk by, she gets excited but doesn't flip out. It turns out that Big Red, although he looks fairly harmless to me, is a mean dog and bit one of her friends, a German Shepard named Daisy. Daisy lives on our block and also freaks out when Big Red comes by her house. Mind you, Jamie has never actually met Big Red. Yesterday we were talking to the owner of another dog from the park. He asked if we knew this big red dog that walks by his house, which is a couple blocks away from us. Turns out his dog flips out when Big Red walks by. This is just so weird. It is like they communicate and let each other know about dogs that are trouble.
Carol607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!