View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:34 AM   #8
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca1 View Post
Thanks for the info - I have been on the Tennessee website and also on the Yahoo liver shunt websites. Anyway, she was on metronidazole for 3 weeks - 1/2 tablet every day and she started walking "on air" and wobbly; luckily within a week of taking her off this antibiotic, she improved to her "normal" state - her "normal" is she's eating well, 3 times a day, virtually no vomiting; acting herself, playing, chasing her ball, weigh gain. He put her on metronidazole after her liver enzyme results came back so high. She had Rabies vaccination and and DHL shots for the first 2 years of her life; and the our vet decided not to vaccinate her again with these liver issues popping up. She has never had reactions to her vaccines. I will check with our vet for the BAT; but, I will ask again if anyone else out there on YT has had their Yorkie put on Predinisone with liver issues. Thank you for your help.
The 'L' Part of the DHL vaccine is Lepto, and is not recommended for use in small dogs... and can cause liver and/or kidney damage. Vaccine reactions (acute and chronic) are treated with prednisone. I will contact some members that may be able to answer your questions.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!