Thread: What do I do?!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #13
kjcmsw
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trin7 View Post
Could you offer the pet shop owner a price WAY BELOW what he paid for the pup?? If he's allowing you to pay $600 he probably paid $300 for him/her. Walk in with $250 in your hands and see what happens. That way he has no incentive to buy another pup and is probably losing money and you could give this little one a loving home. Yep, I know, don't support pet shops, but that doesn't help this little one. Just a thought.

So what happens to the pup if he can't sell it? Isn't it just put to sleep? IDK...just wondering. Seems at some point they, thinking from a business stand point, would consider it a loss (continued feeding, care, etc) and have it put to sleep??? I highly doubt they actually care about the little pup. Or do they give them away eventually? I really could not work in a pet store and see them caged all the time.
There's a pet store in our city, and the pups are in an acrylic cage and sleep on top of pellets. I use to take the kids when they were little to see them, but of course no one is allowed to touch them (unless they indicate they are a serious buyer). Now that I know about pet store puppies I refuse to go in there.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!