Thread: What do I do?!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
BanditSocks2
YT 1000 Club Member

Default What do I do?!

I dragged my hubby into a pet store today fully knowing what I was going to see, just wanting to show him how sad all the puppies are and I explained to him that they're all from puppy mills etc. I was on my soap box!

THEN I see this yorkie that I had seen the day before Christmas Eve when I went to check out the store when it first opened up...it was still there. It was originally 12k, now it's $999. Of course I asked to hold it (stupid me!) and the owner sees that I really liked it and is feeding me BS about it's pedigree. I hear it coughing and I'm assuming it had kennel cough and I felt a mat in his fur too. The owner asked what he could do so that we'd buy the puppy today and said that he could go down to $600 (probably because he was so "old"). He said he'd keep the offer on the table all weekend. I went fishing around and asked about health guarantees against specific diseases such as liver shunt and the lady had no clue what that was and the owner said it would have shown up by now. I've never had a dog with liver shunt, but that's not true is it? Only if it's really severe? (the dog is 4 months old)

Here's the question... what do I do?! My sister is currently trying to talk her fiance into taking the dog- she's wanted a dog, specifically a yorkie, forever.

Head- don't buy it- no matter how cheap you get it for another one from a puppy mill will take it's place.

Heart- who cares?! Save this poor little puppy

Help!
BanditSocks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!