View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
Dlsheph
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Skin issues...(long post)

So we have solved one skin issue with Sadie and now I have another. I got Sadie when she was 8 weeks old. She stunk so bad I had to roll the window down on the way home. When I bathed her the first time, the water was red from all of the flea bites on her. I was shocked! I know these people that I got her from. About a week later I had a ringworm on my arm where she liked to hide her nose when she slept. I took her to the vet. Long story short I am a Medical Technologist and I know fungus when I see it. I talked the vet into treating her for ringworm. After 45 days on ketokonazole and mal-a-ket shampoos every 3-4 days she is 99% healed. Still just a touch of rough skin on her chest and hair is growing back!

NOW she has bumps on her neck. They don't bother her at all. They are hard little bumps that get a scab on them before they go away.
I have her on Blue Buffalo food.
She does get the chicken jerky treats once a week.
Still using the Mal-A-Ket shampoo until she's finished with the meds for the fungus.
Within a day or two of giving her a bath she stinks. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I have used Selsun Blue to bathe her and she doesn't stink if I do that and the bumps were there before that.

SO! What is the best food to feed her to see if it is allergies?
Any suggestions???

I won't even go into the potty training issues we are having!
Dlsheph is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!