View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
jennys
Yorkie Talker

Thanks for replying. I thought the same thing. Actually 2 placentas passed almost 6 hours after birth. I knew something seemed strange. That was yesterday morning. Then all evening she would continue to pant off and on as if she was still in labor. This morning when I woke up she was panting and shivering and did not want to eat although I did get her to eatfrom my hand. This morning there also appeared to be more green discharge so I thought she passed it in the night. As the day went on she seemed better and stopped shivering . Her discharge does have an odor also. Our appt. was at 4:00 and at the vet she had 104 fever. The vet took xray and said it appeared to be... maybe a placenta. He said they may have to do c-section to remove it but could try shot first. We both agreed to try the shot first. He gave the shot about 5:45 and said the shot only lasts a couple of hours. I have not seen a placenta yet or even any contractions. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and had luck with the shot and antibiotic?
jennys is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!