View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRose View Post
How is she reacting? Eating, calm, nursing, normal temp?
She no doubt passed it when you weren't looking...during the night etc...
I do not recall a placenta not coming out of my bitches...some I saw and some I did not...a shot was given and then I watched them...temp etc..none had a problem with infection...so I am sure it passed without me seeing it...
Plus she has had an antibotic shot for good measure...normal temp is your best guide.

You can try massaging her belly like you are removing sauage from a casing...if you feel nothing, it is likely long gone...best wishes
Agree 100% a POP shot would take care of the retained placenta.

However, to the OP.....if she is acting out of sorts, not eating, temperature, lethargic, etc. There is another possibilty and I only mention it because it happened to me with one of my girls. She had an infection for an entirely different reason.....her horn was ripped. Ultra sound didn't identify it, blood count was normal....all showed great, except slightly anemic. She was put on IV fluids and massive doses of antibiotics for 3 days. I requested an emergency spay.....coagulation levels were down so it couldn't be performed or she would have bled out. She was kept on Baytril for a month, retested her coagulation levels and had her spayed at that time.

You can also use Rasberry Tea.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!