View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #4
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

What are you feeding her? It is essential that the momma eats about 4 good meals a day. Sometimes they have to be hand fed. Her basic diet should be a good quality puppy food. You can add to that things like boiled chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt or a good canned puppy food. It is especially important that she eat before bedtime. I give mine their last meal around 9:30 at night.

Have you had her to a vet? Are you monitoring her temperature. If a female get low blood sugar or is running at temperature that will effect her appetite. Do you have a supplement like Nutri-cal available? If not then some white corn syrup and water would be okay to give to her.

If the pups are gaining and not crying all the time then they are getting plenty of milk. They are probably nursing every few hours now. The mommas milk will only come down every couple of hours. Good luck with momma and her babies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!