View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
I've never heard that to be an "inbred" problem but did find out this information:

There are serious symptoms that should never be ignored in your dog. A symptom is defined as "any problem that can indicate an underlying disease" and may be your first clue to the presence of a life-threatening problem in your dog.

1. Pacing and Restlessness. In dogs, pacing and restlessness can be indicate pain, discomfort or distress. Restlessness can be associated with a condition called "bloat
Bloating of the stomach is often related to swallowed air (although food and fluid can also be present). It usually happens when there's an abnormal accumulation of air, fluid, and/or foam in the stomach ("gastric dilatation"). Stress can be a significant contributing factor also. Bloat can occur with or without "volvulus" (twisting). As the stomach swells, it may rotate 90° to 360°, twisting between its fixed attachments at the esophagus (food tube) and at the duodenum (the upper intestine). The twisting stomach traps air, food, and water in the stomach. The bloated stomach obstructs veins in the abdomen, leading to low blood pressure, shock, and damage to internal organs. The combined effect can quickly kill a dog.

Bloat and most commonly occurs in large breed or deep-chested dogs but does occur in small ones as well. Pacing and restless can be an indicator of a serious problem.

The article gave a list of 21 symptoms..and PACING was the first one!! I'd take your puppy to a vet as soon as possible!!

I agree, this is not normal behavior, time for a vet check.

Join today and remove this ad!