View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdaq_Diva View Post
Thanks! I've read that thread like 4-5x and I don't recall it ever mentioning cages. Anywho, thanks for the response. I already have one of my t-shirts in there. Guess I'll start dropping a couple treats in there from time to time too.
Unless you are trying to potty train there really should be no reason why he would need to spend time in his crate while you are home. You could also tether him to your side while he is out of his crate. The crate should be used for keeping him safe while you are not home or for a safe haven IMO.

I would leave the door open so that he could go in and out as he would like while you are home. Leave the door open-like I mentioned if he is potty trained.

You don't want him associating his crate with you dropping a couple of treats in-just because. What I meant by a treat was more when he first goes into his crate you could give a treat to associate it with something positive.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!