View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
Pam 19
Yorkie Yakker

Hey Candigirl: I am so hapy to hear your baby is back to her normal self. Teppi was sick a couple of different nights & I got no sleep worrying about her. I was afraid to take my eyes off her or my hand from her side while she slept (checking breathing). Glad everything worked out. Teppi also slept for a while yesterday after her rabies vac. I'm not as experienced as a vet but I was a nurse for 26 years & I know that certain things need to be done @ certain times, even for animals. If a your Dr. said you needed to get the Hep. B series of injections to be vaccinated would you take their word or just do what you thought best? Maybe @ a different age? Even though there are millions of people out there working, doing their own thing that you come in contact with EVERYDAY that have Hep. B &/or C that are not showing symptoms, yet. That's just like taking a chance that you won't come in contact with a sick animal while walking your baby or just being around other animals (ex. vet's office) that are sick & not showing symptoms yet. Rabies doesn't show symptoms immediately. But it doesn't mean that if an animal with rabies not showing symptoms bit your baby it wouldn't get rabies if it hadn't been vaccinated. Rabies may not be running wild but you can't guarantee that you won't run in to it somewhere. Some animals in cities do have to be put down because of rabies. What if your baby did survive the attack. Then because of putting off their vac. you put them through the horrible sickness, injections, pain long term until they either survive or death? Do you want to take that chance? I guess that's where personal preference comes into play. The posting from Ladymom is just right for this. There are laws requiring vacs. to be given @ a certain ages for different states & counties. The same goes for children. You choose not to get their vacs. you're taking the same chances with their lives. But that's also a personal preference. If a vet chooses not to follow the guidelines because someone doesn't want the vacs. done @ that age or for whatever reason then if he's doing his job right he's also documenting in your babies' file that you refuse to have it done to keep from being held accountable or sued. If he let's it slide till later when you're ready with no documentation then he's not doing his job @ all. These little babies love & adore you all & should be treated with the same love & adoration they deserve. That means keeping them happy, healthy & safe. This has all been about taking chances, whether you decide to or not is up to you. But the babies don't deserve to have to live or not with chances taken. A person taking these chances until they are ready to do what should have already been done is also taking a chance that their baby won't get very sick while waiting for the right time. This is not meant directly @ you Candigirl. You did the right thing. I know you were worried & I am very glad it's over. Sorry if I'm ranting. Just stating facts, about our babies, children & people in general. Pam & Teppi
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!