Thread: Mia Update.
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 01:37 AM   #14
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsygal37 View Post
Thank you. I did take her for a second opinion at a specialty vet hospital and I do not take her to the vet that vaccinated her. I had only taken her to him because my regular vet was not in that day and I felt she needed to be seen. Again, no excuse but I was overwhelmed at the visit with eveything he was talking about and it just didn't click when he said he was going to vaccinate her. I KNOW SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN DONE. I also discussed this with my regular vet as well as the other hospital I went to and both said the same. I can't put the tooth paste back in the tube, it was done and I feel terrible about the fact that it could have compromised her. My regular vet put her on another round of antibiotics and we will see how it goes. He has stated that there could be a genetic problem causing this, but at this point she is gaining weight and playing so he feels that we should keep her closely monitored with him and on the antibiotics for two weeks and see how she does. If nothing then he will have Mia referred to the University of Penn. I feel terrible, absolutely terrible and she is with me 24/7. I work a few nights a week so when I'm at work she is with my husband 24/7. Again, I KNOW SHE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN VACCINATED! And, I'd like to strangle the guy for doing it and myself for not saying anything. I just wasn't thinking at that moment. Both vets have said that they do not feel it caused anything, but I do feel like you that it is at the least prolonging her recovery.

Elaine
My apologies Elaine... my post explains how the immune system works, and was in no way meant to chastise you further.... in my eyes, you are not at fault, that vet should have known better. And the two that 'do not feel it caused anything', need to go back to school, or are covering their butts or each others' butts.

If this pup were mine, I would email then send blood off to Dr Dodds (Hemopet) in California. She's very reasonable and is one of the best Immunologists in the world...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!