View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #13
jltwigg10
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My mom found out that Toy Poodles can live 12 to 15 years and it made her worry that only 1/3 of her puppies life is what she has been told.

That is my prayer as well that she live as long as her puppy. I have a 4yo and a 7yo that I would love for her to see them graduate. She is only 67yo. She acts like she is 47. When I was younger my mom would take me and my friends to our local roller skating rink. She was not only the chaperon but she would get out on the floor and skate with us. She was always fun. She was still a mom but fun to have around. We went through a couple of rough patches but now we go off for the day and shop or just hang out and enjoy time together. We are already talking about visiting some of the dog friendly restaurants and stores with our dogs on my days off.

Thank you everyone for the compliments and prayers. When my mom was diagnosed they gave her a year at the most. She was diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer. She did not tell me this until after her 1 year anniversary from surgery. That is my mom 100 percent. She did not want me to worry. She said that she prayed and asked to let her see my son graduate. Unless he fails, he is set to graduate June 2012. That is too soon for me I needed her to have something else to live for. Someone offered her their dog that they had decided to rehome. She said yes but then they changed their mind. That is what gave me the idea for the puppy.

I am praying that it all works out well. The treatment that they used was very effective on her cancer cells and the doctor said that is a very good sign.

I appreciate the compliments about me being a good daughter but I have to say honestly that I am just a daughter trying to keep my mom happy and around for as long as God will allow. I am not ready to let her go yet. After seeing her with this little puppy, my thoughts were confirmed that this little girl will bring tons of joy into her life. Teal is the color for Ovarian cancer. I have an order with Darlin Beauxs for a teal pair of bows for this little furr angel to wear to show her support for her new mommy.

Again I just want to say thank you all for your kind words.

Last edited by jltwigg10; 01-25-2011 at 07:32 PM.
jltwigg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!