View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
jltwigg10
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Talking

You have all given me such great advice. The breeder and I have been friends for over 16 years. When she found out what I wanted to do for my mom, she hand picked the puppy and will not let me pay for her. She is also friends with my mom and is giving her this puppy. I am taking care of the registration, spaying (she is getting a girl), shots and crate/beginning supplies. The little girl she is getting is Jet Black and has blue eyes. She is absolutely beautiful. My mom already named her Missi. They have met 3 times now and my mom is already attached.

We did have one hurtle that we had to talk about. My moms cancer is a reoccuring and aggressive one. Unless science finds a new way to kill the cancer cells then it will come back and possibly take her. The doctor has said that she is in his 5 year group. That means that we have at least 5 years to watch her spoil Missi and her grandkids. If there comes a time that she can no longer care for or if God decides that He is ready for my mom to leave this world, then Missi will come to live with my family. This was a concern of my moms but now it is settled.

Thank you for the tips about the hair length. Right now she says that she wants to let her hair stay long. Missi will probably sit on her lap each night while mom watches a show and mom will brush her then .

I will be taking her to the groomers to get her ear hair pulled and bathed and probably her teeth brushed. I have a really nice groomer here that I take my Yorkies too. I will take her as soon as we get shots completed so that she can get that part of her socialization in .

When she gets her home the end of Feb I will take some pictures and post them. I know how much everyone on here loves pictures.

Last edited by jltwigg10; 01-25-2011 at 02:33 PM.
jltwigg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!