View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 10:25 AM   #10
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
I am so sorry to read this post after reading how excited you were to help those with literacy problems. Remember there will always be people who will be threatened by people who want to make a change or care too much. Their lives are unfulfilled and the only way they can make themselves feel better is to tear someone else down. Don't let them get to you. I know it is really hard, one of the hardest things to do is to believe in yourself when others are putting you down. Think of all your good points and write them down and look at it all the time. Let's see I know all ready you are smart, kind, enthusiastic, compassionate and that is just from your posts so chin up and hang in there.
I don't think they know how much effort I put into bringing in that agency to collaborate with us. They are also linking us to another agency that is wanting to donate 25+ computers. It's working out really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boopster View Post
I went through the same thing when I started my career. I was promoted to a position in another office that someone there wanted and because everyone in the office loved that person, naturally they all hated me. It's not easy to deal with. But I remembered the advice of one of my heroes, Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face, "You don't have to be friends to work together... acquainted will do." Eventually people began to realize that I wasn't the enemy and I'm still here 30 years later.

My advice: take the high road and pretend not to even notice when they are insulting you. Continue to do your personal best at work. Be friendly, but don't try to be friends. The people who are worth their salt will eventually be ashamed of their behavior and will change. The ones who are not worth their salt are not worth your tears, either.

Besides - you have plenty of friends right here on YorkieTalk. Who needs those other people?
Your post made me smile. This is what happened to me. I was an outside hire, and took over for someone else that wanted this position. The people I work with bluntly told me how much they resented how things went down and already hated me before meeting me. The problem is they're not stopping there. I've had to have a sit down talk 3 times already with the Assistant Director. Granted, he's my immediate supervisor in the meantime, but I think it doesn't look good. He's fair, and has been very supportive even though my colleagues go to him to report my bad behavior. I didn't do anything! I fear that eventually he's going to be tired of all the nonsense and might just let me go. Then what do I do?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!