View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Thank you. We've done allergy tests and got her results last week so we do know what she is sensitive to...actually, it was less than I expected.

She had a high positive to fish, milk and rice in the food allergy section...anything else was a low positive in the other areas and there were only a few like Oak, hickory and dust.

Surprisingly, she had no reaction to corn, wheat, chicken, beef and some of the other more common allergy sources.

So, the food I was feeding was fish based and also contained cheese...go figure! Don't get me wrong, it's a good premium food...it just doesn't work for Megan.

I've started home cooking and she is a different dog! All of the itching and licking has stopped...she will let you sit and massage, scratch and play with her ears now where she would pull away before...no more anal gland issues or 'fishy' smell (thank goodness!) and her eyes now look shiney and bright where before they were dull. She is more loving and active...she was always a loving dog but it's different now...it's hard to explain...she comes to you in a happy way and wants to snuggle, not in a sad way like she wants to be babied. Does that make sense?

I'm going to back track and read labels of all of the foods I've fed her over her short 3 years and see if it coincides with where all of her issues started. However, I think I know exactly where it will start to show as I've kept a record of what her issues were and when they started.

I feel confident we are on the right track...and...I've already apologized to Megan for getting it wrong all this time...she forgave me!
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!