View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
LDMomma
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle57 View Post
yes, sammy who is 5 1/2 years old has been on it for a few years now. oliver who is 1 1/2 years old has a couple of struvite crystals and is now on royal canin so canned food. i have to see which food i can now feed him after i have his urine checked within a 1 week from now. he was on raw and honest kitchen, and i dont know what happened.
so the new puppy benji, who i just got from a fellow yt has him on wellness canned and dry kibble, and i would like to change it.
can you keep them on the raw for a long time or should you change it around to dog food? just wondering
Raw is their natural diet so they can be on it pretty much forever. We've only been doing it about 8 months or so. We have no plans of going back to kibble. I can't stand the way dogs smell when they are kibble fed. It makes me sick. We do home prepared though. The prepared ones are just too expensive with four dogs plus I like to know where the meat comes from. We just make our own prepared meatballs and feed raw meaty bones on Sunday. It works for us/

Like I said, we changed Roxy over at 8 weeks. She's now 7 months and is picture perfect healthy (so far). What caused us to change was Lily's problems with ear and skin infection (if you'd like to read about it, see this months Honest Kitchen newsletter).

I have changed to dehydrated raw for trips and stuff without a problem. Also, my girls have eaten kibble at my Mom's house (visiting) and there weren't any issues so you should be able to change back at any time.
LDMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!