View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
elle57
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDMomma View Post
Not to young. My westie has been eating that diet since she came home from the breeders at 8 weeks.

Yes, you can do it gradually. I did it cold turkey but if I were going to do it gradually, I'd start by replacing one meal per day with the Honest Kitchen. After a week or so, I'd totally ditch the kibble. The second week, I'd start adding raw.

Do you have other pups that are on raw? Are you making the change to home raw or prepared raw (NV medallions or such)?

When I was reading about making the change, I know it was highly recommended to start raw by only introducing chicken and then only adding new meats like every three weeks or so. Organs were added after the first month.
yes, sammy who is 5 1/2 years old has been on it for a few years now. oliver who is 1 1/2 years old has a couple of struvite crystals and is now on royal canin so canned food. i have to see which food i can now feed him after i have his urine checked within a 1 week from now. he was on raw and honest kitchen, and i dont know what happened.
so the new puppy benji, who i just got from a fellow yt has him on wellness canned and dry kibble, and i would like to change it.
can you keep them on the raw for a long time or should you change it around to dog food? just wondering
elle57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!