View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
Lizzie07
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Luxating Patellas & Prolotherapy

I posted this yesterday but I don't think anyone knew anything about it, and I just want to put it out there as an option to consider:

I heard about prolotherapy for the first time last night. My IG puppy's knee popped out when she went up the dogwalk and I moved her leg a little and got it back in place. I told the instructor, who is also a good friend and my regular [COLOR=green !important][COLOR=green !important]vet[/COLOR][/COLOR] that I thought it was a luxating patella and that I had just noticed recently that she was having a problem.

I honestly thought it was just a one or two, with no treatment really necessary, but Diane thinks more like a three and that something should be done. She suggested prolotherapy. She told me that she has used it on two dogs, that I know, and both are doing agility too. I'm honestly considering it. I would much, much rather try this first before having surgery done.

Diane checked Lizzy's patellas and they are a little loose, but not at the point they have to have anything done, certainly not surgery, but it may be worth considering prolotherapy for her too, especially since she is doing agility too.

Has anyone tried this method of treatment or heard of it before? They say it can also be used to strengthen the spine. Here is an article fairly far down the page that explains it pretty well: Caring for Pets and another Dr. Babette Gladstein, VMD - Prolotherapy
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!