View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene68 View Post
Jesse has a silky coat, it's getting fairly long now, and I brush him daily to keep the tangles away. It has been so cold lately, I have to bundle him up, yesterday just going to the car I had to put a sweater and coat on him! I ponytail sections of the hair so it won't mat under all the clothing and this helps, but there is still hair that I can't ponytail..armpits for example. I felt so bad for Jesse last night when I took off the clothing, he had little mats I had to work out. I've seen so many pics of long haired yorkies dressed up. What do you all do to prevent mats? Any secrets, tips you can share?
Oh dear, I have maybe two ideas, but might be time consuming. Wrap the chest and upper legs. You can use deli paper and small rubber bands.

But to second the other poster, yup clothes do mat Yorkie hair, Razzle is always wrapped and before I put on his winter jacket/snowsuit, he has his silk wrapping jacket on.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!