Thread: UKC Showing?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 06:15 AM   #10
wnalegria
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieRini
Hey Kathy, I have a question for ya. Looking at the UKC site to find shows in my area. I see the dates but then I see "Golden Retriver Club" or "Rat Terrier Club". I assume those shows are only for that breed to attend. I don't see Yorkie UKC shows in my area. How do I identify a show a conformation show that I can enter my Yorkie in? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but it has me baffled .

Thanks,
Irene

No not dumb- Peggy had to help me at first. They do not have a lot of shows posted for 2006 yet.

What you are looking at is the group/breed who may be sponsering the shows for that day. UKC runs 2 shows a day both Sat. and Sunday.

Here is a step by step that may help you.

Click on the website

on the frontpage click on the words "Dog Events
this will take you to the next page here click on" Up coming Events"
this will take you to next page click on " Events" ( this is on bottom of page)

You will see the months listed- click on the month you are interested in showing. I chose January.

All the dates they have shows will pop up in order and in alphabetical order the states are listed. Find the week you want to show and
the state. I used Jan 14/15 my local shows in INdy.

There may be a name of the club /Breed sponsering shows ' for example could be "white German Shepard Club".

Any how you will see the words "CONF and JS" this tells you they have confirmation and Junior Showmanship at the show. You will see a bunch on the agility and the obedience and sighthound information just don't get frightened.

Will tell you entry fees and closing dates .

If you have any questions you can always call- they are very nice and helpfull.

It takes about three weeks for your registration to be porcessed for UKC so give yourself plenty of time to get the kids registered under the UKC. You can do a speed registartion but it will cost you big bucks. Some shows will allow you a temporary number the day of show but if you win in confirmation the points do not go towards your title. You can also enter the day of the show but the entry fees will be higher.

Got to Brag- Alegria Southern Comfort is a new Champion listed on the site.
This is my little 3 1/2 pound Dixie. he is the sire of Country Girl's little "Nemo"
We finished Buster in September in UKC and Dixie in Nov. Plan to take Sport and Chase after first of the year.
wnalegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!