Thread: Some people!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #10
jltwigg10
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Before I even talked to a breeder I did internet searches and read magazines and books about the Yorkie breed to try to make sure I was prepared as possible. When I talked to the breeder she confirmed most of what I had read but her EXPERIENCE with my puppy was not something I had read. She knew them and how they liked things. That was valuable information to me as well.

I have also learned so much on this forum. I am still learning. I visit almost everyday. My dh says that this site is "my fb/social network". I just smile.

When my Papillon had her first litter I made sure that each owner who came to see the puppies had done their research and knew what they were in for, the good and the bad. Papillons and Yorkies are so different but some of their shelter stories all have the same tune. People did not look at all that the breed is, good and bad, and when they have to face the bad part, (housebreaking, barking, etc), then they give up and drop them off at a shelter.

I personally enjoy the fact that I am still learning how to make my Yorkies happy. They are like people and over time different things interest them and make them happy in different ways.

Last edited by jltwigg10; 01-20-2011 at 09:23 AM.
jltwigg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!