View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 PM   #9
mandy4
Senior Yorkie Talker

After getting my newest baby Blossom, her and Bella both started coughing. I took them to the vet here on the base I live on in Japan and they told me it was kennel cough, they gave me meds for the both of them. Blossom stopped coughing while Bella continued to cough. I took her back to the vet after a couple of weeks and they said she was ok, and it could take a while for it to go away. Another couple of weeks passed and she was still coughing. I eventually took her downtown to a Japanese vet, he did xrays right away and she had bronchitis! He gave her a shot, and 2 different meds, one was a follow up of the shot and the other was a cough supressent. She stopped coughing almost right away.

She was coughing with the gagging at the end of her coughs, and sounded miserable. The bad thing is her trachea has started collapsing because of all the coughing and the strain it went through for all those weeks. Take your pup back and have them do an xray...I asked for an xray the second time I took her in on base and they told me it wasnt needed....lesson learned for me, my babies will never see the vet here on base again!!!
mandy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!