View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
JDS
YT 500 Club Member

Default Need some suggestions about food please

Lulu has been on Royal Canin from day one. (I know many don't like RC, but let's not debate that, please ) She has done incredibly well on it & has never even had one loose stool, EVER. She always ate it well & never gave me any trouble with not wanting to eat. She had luxating patella surgery Dec 28th (3 weeks ago) and at first she was eating fine after the surgery. However, this past week she has become disinterested in her food. I have to intice her to eat by sprinkling parmesan on her food. She will then eat, but not as much as before. I know since she is on crate rest, she may not need as much food but it has me worried. She is acting normally in every other way...pees & poops normal, etc.

My dh and I are going to get some wet food to see if she will eat that mixed with her kibble. So, I'm looking for some suggestions. I thought about NV since we have a farm store just down the road that carries it. I thought if she likes the canned, then we could possibly switch her to the kibble as well. I just don't know. Then I thought about doing NV Raw but I know nothing about that. Since Lulu has never experienced any tummy issues, I am scared to introduce something new but I feel it may be necessary. Or perhaps we should wait to see if this is a phase? IDK what to do!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!