View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salembev View Post
Thank all of you for replying. Many good questions to ask, and some for me. I think if you are a breeder - then you knew why you got into breeding. I did not do so to sell puppies. After much research and other we chose a Yorkie - our Zoie - to fill a hole after loosing our Scottie to a tumor. Zoie did more than that, fill a hole, and both my husband and I became wrapped around her paws. I wanted more Yorkies, and then we got Zach. Their personalities and what they brought to us, as well as their "lines" told me they would make beautiful babies. I've had the same vet for 20 years and would not have bred Zoie and Zach if I did not or my Vet approve - with the full intention of keeping the puppies - and as you should know - five is a big brood for Yorkies. If I do sell any of my puppies - it will not be because I have to, but because someone can love and spoil them as much as I and know the amount of time and care they take. It is like having children - and yes - I did have their dew claws removed - and dewormed and health checked and so on, and they are chunky and happy, cleaned, well fed, mothered, and loved. And yes - each day brings a stronger attachment. I'm just wondering too - how you get over it if you let one of your babies go?
I have seven in all and it's not too bad. The biggest issue is vetting and grooming. I groom my self and do a pretty good job. I do it mainly because most of mine are rescues and they had issues and do not do as well being groomed by a stranger as they do for me. Selling or keeping is entirely your choice. I just thought I'd come on and say that I have seven and wouldn't have it any other way. You do get attatched, hence how I ended up keeping my rescues. After fostering each for so long I couldn't bring myself to give them up. I know just do home visits for the rescue and I will help transport but not foster anymore. I just can't do it. It's too hard on everyone when it's time for them to leave. Good Luck with whatever your decision.
Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!